The heat is killing all of us. Everyone is looking for ways to blend flavor and good nutrition and get relief from the scorching heat. The delicious taste of smoothies and the health benefits make it an awesome summer treat for your mind and body. This blog will focus on some benefits of smoothies followed by some recipes.
Health Benefits of smoothies
- Prevents Dehydration: Having smoothies in breakfast is a great way to replenish the loss of water in your body during summers.
- It’s filling and controls your cravings: The blend of dairy, fruits, vegetables and seeds tends to keep you full for longer as compared to any other breakfast. They are full with flavor, nutrients and a lot of protein which will control your cravings for junk food and other unhealthy meals.
- Aid in Digestion: Green smoothies prepared with leafy vegetables are packed with vitamins, minerals and fiber that aid in digestion.
- Detoxifies the Body: Foods like garlic, papaya, and beetroot help cleanse your blood to get rid of toxins accumulated in your body. Adding these to your smoothies will help you detoxify.
Peachy Mango Smoothie:
- 1 cup Peaches
- 1 cup Mangoes
- 1 Banana
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh grated Ginger
- 2 Banana
- Handful of Spinach
- 7 almonds
- 2 tea spoon Honey (optional for extra sweetness)
- Yogurt ½ cup
- Almond Milk or any other non-Dairy Milk
- 1 small banana
- 1 cup strawberries
- 2 tea spoon honey
- 1 tea spoon grated fresh ginger
- 12 table spoon or ¾ cup pineapple juice
- ¾ cup of blue berries, black berries and raspberries (whichever berries are available)
Wake me up Coffee smoothie
- 1 banana sliced and frozen
- ½ cup strong brewed coffee
- ½ cup dairy milk or nondairy milk
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 1 table spoon of peanut or almond butter
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon powder(optional)
Mango Coconut Lime Smoothie
- 1 ½ cups frozen mangoes
- 1 cup coconut water
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 table spoon honey
Direction: To make all the above smoothies, you need to add all ingredients in a blender and blend until it is smooth. You can fix your smoothie consistency by adding ice according to your taste and preference.
It’s great to start your mornings with a smoothie. It’s not only healthy and nutritious but also refreshing especially during summers. Try one of these recipes and let us know how refreshing these turned out to be for you on a hot summer day.